Tuesday, January 3, 2012

STUFF THE MED!

Another day of motoring, rolling & flogging.  And it's cold, too cold for lunch in the cockpit.  It'd be more fun to scrape my arse with a brick.  I want my money back.
Lightening flashes on the horizon regularly off our stern and near port we get a few sprinkles of rain.  I notice a boat behind us only because of the reflection of their stern light on the water. OMG! THEY'RE FOLLOWING US!  I guess they don't have enough evidence to board us.  Not 10 min. before we would be securely tied up it starts to pour down rain.  The marinero puts us right against the boardwalk, behind the tourist catamaran.  We become part of the tourist attractions.  While filling up the marina forms Serge sees a picture of a boat that looks just like ours.   It was stolen from Rome in the middle of Dec.  Maybe that's why we got all that attention.  Or maybe it was just my blonde hair.  Oh, that's right, my hair isn't blonde anymore.  We catch a Flamenco concert in Cartagena, a couple of singers & guitarists, all male.  Quite remarkable, unlike anything I've heard before.
Latest tourist attraction
Leaving Calpe


This must have been the old post office
Main street

Yes, they are big.

Roman amphitheatre
We decide to go straight to Rabat from here, about 3 days.  Francois drama takes interesting twists & turns circling the globe with messages between owner, captain & family members all the way to New Zealand.  My watch is 2am to 5am.  The phosphorescent algae glows green here & shows up on the edges of our wake like a dashed line.  I see a green glow on the horizon, with nothing else, no other lights to distinguish a boat.  It comes closer & I actually get scared.  I'm all alone in the dark in the middle of the ocean and a mysterious green glow is stalking me.  We end up passing each other.  When I get to the part of the water that it just came from the algae is extremely active, showing up like a green neon tube at the leading edge of every wave.  On Serge's watch later, he noticed bright trails on each side of the boat, & saw they were being made by dolphins following us.

1 comment: