Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cefalu pics

After some fare research it was decided that we should make a run for Spain.  The island of Mallorca specifically.  Weather was not too bad & we added 4 jerry cans of fuel in case of excessive motoring.  A quick trip into town for some provisions & we were set.  Little did I realize no one would feel like eating.  Twenty minutes after I said my  Krystal River prayer for some wind we were hit w/a gale.  Terry managed to avoid a couple on his watch but Serge & I went right into it.  Full blown gale, force 6, rain, & lots of exciting lightening all around.  One hit in particular less than a mile away, the thunderclap really startled me.  That's when I started to pray again, but I was strangely not really scared.  It was a lot of rolling & waves, & we were both getting nauseous.   Very little sleep.  But we eventually passed through it, even though it seemed to be following us.  Changed the plans to go to Sardinia as the prop was acting up.  What a relief to get in after 37 hrs. of sea!  

No comments:

Post a Comment